What is Black Garlic?
This is the number 1 question we are asked!!!
Black Garlic is not a variety of garlic, it doesn't grow that way. It isn't roasted or smoked or burnt! Black Garlic is produced via a unique ageing process, where time & temperature change boring white garlic into sweet, dark & umami Black Garlic.
Nothing else is added, the 'Maillard Reaction' (science) is responsible for creating these special onyx gems.
The result is our beautiful, award-winning Noosa Black Garlic, with its signature black colour, sweet umami flavour. The usual pungent & sulphurous garlic odour & taste is broken down during the ageing process - so as a bonus there is no lingering garlic breath.
Our Noosa Black Garlic is:
- Handmade by local artisan foodies
- Made with organic Elephant Garlic sourced from the pristine Noosa hinterland
- Rich in protective antioxidant nutrients
- Easy to digest
- Gluten & dairy-free
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours or flavours
- Award-winning - We recently won 3 medals (1 silver & 2 bronze) at the prestigious Royal Tasmanian Fine Food Awards!
Download our brochure here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0554/7435/6363/files/NBG_Brochure_-_Dec_22.pdf?v=1669958984