Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad with Black Garlic Prawns
Thanks for your patience - writing this up has clearly taken me longer than planned! Good things come to those who wait 😊 & this is an easy, light, fresh & delicious meal starring the Black Garlic Prawns!!!
- 2 @noosablackgarlic Black Garlic Cloves, mashed with a fork
- 250 g mung bean vermicelli (you can use rice vermicelli if preferred)
- 250 g large peeled king prawns uncooked (we used local Mooloolaba prawns)
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of palm or coconut sugar (use xylitol if you want to keep it low carb)
- 3 limes - juiced/squeezed
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (we love David Thompson’s Megachef brand)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup of Vietnamese mint
- 1 cup of Thai basil
- 1 cup coriander (we love it - but if you are a hater just leave it out!!!)
- 1 cup of cashews, toasted & crushed
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded & sliced on the angle (this is optional - I don’t do chilli)
- Place the mung bean vermicelli in a bowl & cover with boiling water. Let sit for 5 minutes, then strain. Place into a large salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, in a small saucepan place the rice vinegar & palm/coconut sugar. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved completely. Allow to cool a little, then add in the fish sauce, lime juice, sesame oil & chilli. Taste the sauce to ensure it has the correct balance of sweet, sour, salty & spicy.
- On top of the vermicelli, evenly distribute the Lebanese cucumber, Vietnamese Mint, Thai basil & coriander.
- Heat a small amount of olive or rice bran oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Toss the prawns & @noosablackgarlic Black Garlic Cloves in the pan & cook until the prawns are cooked.
- Top off the salad with the Black Garlic Prawns (make sure to get all the Black Garlic - it’s too delicious to waste).
- Sprinkle over the toasted cashews & the dressing. Serve & enjoy.
#noosablackgarlic #blackgarlic #blackgarlicprawns #organicblackgarlic #australianblackgarlic #noosablackgarlicrecipes #recipes #noosa #prawns #mooloolabaprawns #eatlocalnoosa #buylocalnoosa #noosalife